"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Trying Out Some New Flavors

I guess I got kind of bored (not sure how) and decided it was time to try out some new cupcake flavors. I can't possibly promote cupcake flavors and not know how they taste, right??? So, I decided to use my husband's co-workers as my guinea pigs. I set out to make 3 or 4 new flavors and somehow ended up at 9! By the end of the day I was thinking it was a bit over the top, but once they were all done I felt a great sense of accomplishment.

I typically make the standard size cupcake but this time I attempted some of the mini-cupcakes too. I thought they would be too small to put a filling in but managed to make it work :) So here are some fun new pictures.

"Dulce de Leche"
What is not to love about this cupcake! The picture really doesn't do justice to the caramel drizzled on top of the sweet cream frosting on top of the caramel vanilla cupcake! Yep, caramel baked into the cupcake :)


This one is called "Banana Split" It is a banana cupcake filled with a chocolate buttercream filling. I added some strawberry/vanilla buttercream and a cherry on top.


This was inspired by my husband's love for 50/50 bars. I personally don't like orange flavored anything besides oranges but he said this hit the spot. I call it "Orange Creamsicle". I'm sure you can guess it is an orange cupcake with an orange cream cheese frosting. I had a hard time figuring out the garnish but ultimately decided on some orange sprinkles and an orange royal icing flower.



This is a "Peanut Butter Banana" cupcake. Tasty stuff right there :) Banana cupcake with peanut butter fluff topped with peanut butter chips.




This one is called "Lemonade". Lemon cupcake topped with lemonade fluff! I topped it with a royal icing daisy! The mini-version of this cupcake was too small for the daisy so I just had little 5 petal flowers out of royal frosting I put on them.


"Raspberry Lemonade"
Lemon cupcake with a raspberry buttercream frosting, fresh raspberry on top.



"Rocky Road"
Another one after my heart! Chocolate cupcake filled with marshmallow creme topped with a chocolate buttercream. Chopped almonds and mini marshmallows on top.

"Chocolate Banana Milkshake"
This is my most favorite milkshake of all time so I had to do a cupcake! Banana cupcake with creamy milk chocolate buttercream, topped with mini chocolate chips.


"Black Forest"
This one is inspired by my mom. My mom loves chocolate covered cherries, really anything with chocolate and cherries. You start with a rich chocolate cupcake filled with cherries, add some chocolate buttercream and another cherry on top.



This is just a picture of all 9 flavors togethers with their mini-versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!