"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Black & White Cupcake Boxes

I started working on my cupcake boxes for my upcoming wedding this weekend. I learned a new trick and thought I would share. When cutting the paper for the sides if you cut it about a half an inch taller than the side of the wood, when you glue it down you can fold the excess over the top. When you glue the top pieces down lay them all the way to the edge of the wood and overlap the side pieces. This really helps to create a very nice clean edge on the top, which is what most people will see. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to make nice clean corners and I think I have it figured out in my mind but unfortunately I thought about it too late to try it on this set of boxes. I guess that'll just have to be another post :) I also figured out that have a base layer of paper already down really helped the second layer to stick much better.


This is a picture of the side piece of paper overlapping the top edge, and then on the sides of it you can see how clean it looks once you glue the top pieces down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!