"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jori's Wedding Cupcakes

Cupcakes are definitely the hot item for weddings right now. Jori wanted a three tier wedding cake with cupcakes to make up the difference to feed her guests. Jori requested Funfetti cake with buttercream frosting and then we added royal icing flowers to the tops of the cupcakes.


We did light and dark blue Forget-me-nots. We put three on each cupcake so I made about 500 flowers total. We also put some on the cake. I made them about a week ahead of time so they would have time to dry and also so I wouldn't be so busy the week of the cake.




This is what 500 forget-me-nots looked like on my kitchen table. It was all I could do to keep my family from eating them.

This is the end result of the cupcakes. I painstakingly smooth frosted each cupcake because Jori liked the smooth look of fondant but didn't want that on her cupcakes. I made sure my icing was thin so it would be sure and smooth out nicely. And within a couple of hours the frosting had a nice hardened top on it and they looked perfect and smooth with the flowers on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!