"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fondant Party Hats

I decided to make Craig some cupcakes for his coworkers for his birthday. I wanted to put a fun little topper on them but not make them too feminine. So after looking around for awhile I finally found this fun party hat. After I had them all made I found a really cute 3D one but I still thought these turned out cute.

First I started out with cutting diamond shapes out of my fondant. I actually couldn't find my triangle I wanted to use but I just cut the diamond in half and it turned out fine.



Then I cut little circles out and "glued" them to the fondant triangles. I cut a slightly larger circle for the top of the hat.



Here they are all made.


And here they are stuck in the cupcakes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!