"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fondant For Fun

So my friend Carole recently gave me a recipe for marshmallow fondant that I was dying to try. A couple of days ago I made the fondant and I was amazed at the ease in making it. I've tried to stay away from fondant simply because I didn't like using it, but I was amazed at how easy it was to make it. I decided to pull a little of it out today and just play around and see what I could do with it.

Of course the first thing I did was taste it :) Still not my favorite but such a major improvement over the store bought kind!!! Wow!!!

Next, I am attempting my hand at fondant bows. This is a picture of my strips with the ends glued together and turned on their sides to dry. After they have tried I will attempt to put it together and see what I come up with. More pictures on that to follow :)



After I made my bow loops I tried some different cutters I had to find the right one to fit a regular sized cupcake. I think they are cute with the scalloped edges. And of course then it was all about putting colors together and having fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!