"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cupcake Kabobs


I found the cutest idea (thank you Bakerella)! I decided I wanted to try to make these for our 4th of July celebration!!! I was so excited! When I started making them, I realized it was definitely a learning experience :)


Here are the mini cupcakes. I learned to use cupcake wrappers on my cupcakes so that the outside doesn't turn brown.


Here are the marshmallows. I learned to make sure you buy sprinkles that pour out (not shake) and to have plenty of them :)


As I was making all of the separate parts yesterday I was beginning to wonder why I had thought I wanted to do it. Then as I put them all together today, I was so glad I had persevered yesterday. The putting together was very easy and they turned out so cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!