"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Brooklyn's 2nd Birthday


This is a cake I made for my niece's 2nd birthday! I can't believe she is 2 already!!! I wanted to make something really fun and bright for her and I found some really cute cakes with fondant Gerber Daisies. I don't think my flowers are actually Gerber Daisies but I think they are still cute the same.



I baked all of the cakes and cupcakes and made all of the fondant flowers the day before. I even got the cake covered in fondant.

That made for really quick work on the day of the party. All I had to do was put on the fence and attach the flowers with buttercream leaves. I had originally planned on doing the fence in fondant but amidst all of my craziness I forgot to make the fence when I was doing the fondant. So, alas, we have a buttercream fence. However, I think it actually helped in the long run because it was very easy to attach my fondant flowers to the buttercream fence. Here are some pictures of the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!