"You don't have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy a cupcake - although you might find that sharing a batch makes even an ordinary day seem that much more sweet."- Martha Stewart

Friday, August 7, 2009

New Flavors


A couple of weeks ago my husband and I went on a cruise. If you have ever been on a cruise before you know the amount and style of food that they offer you. While perusing the different choices one particular evening and seeing an abundance of mangoes, my husband says to me, "Ooh, you should make a cupcake with mango frosting!" So, here is my creation! I am calling it Island Paradise! It is a lemon cupcake with mango frosting topped with shredded coconut.




I have a wedding coming up in October that has requested carrot cake with candied carrots as the garnish. Previous to today, I had yet to find a yummy carrot cake recipe and I had never attempted candied carrots. A friend was kind enough to share her carrot cake recipe with me and today I tried it! It is so moist and has the most wonderful flavor! As it was baking the aroma just yelled "Fall Weather"!!! It simply was heavenly!

As for the candied carrots, I found a recipe online and they weren't very difficult to make. I wish that they had turned out not quite so ooey and gooey but rather more flaky. I guess they weren't called flaky carrots though were they! The true taste test will come tomorrow when I deliver them to my husbands work for their sampling opinions! We shall see what the taste testers say!


This is a picture of the carrots drying after they had been caramelized.


This is a picture of the carrot cupcake topped with cream cheese frosting a garnish of candied carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Craig and I met at "Ricks College" in 1994. We were married in San Diego in June of 1995 which means we will celebrate our 18th anniversary this year. Time flies when you're having fun. We lived in Idaho for about 2 years after we were married. Sari was born in Idaho. We moved to California shortly after she was born. We've lived here for about 16 years. Ashlie and Tyler joined our family in California. We have lots of fun just relaxing and hanging out. If you are interested in seeing some of my cake creations you can follow my blog at www.letsbakesomecake.blogspot.com or find me on Facebook, I'm "The Cake Lady"!